Friday, May 6, 2011

Savannah!!

Paula Deen's restaurant- sooo yummy!


Enjoying our lunch at Paula Deen's!


Johnny Mercer.


Mom & Marilyn.


Forrest Gump's bench (this is for Rick, he loves that movie!).


Johnny Mercer's Oscar.


Mercer House (can you tell I like "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" just a little?).


I fell in love with all the old trees!


One of the beautiful streets.


An awesome bridge. A woman oversaw the building, finished under budget and ahead of schedule. Awesome!



Another beautiful street!


More of my favorite trees with the Spanish Moss.


Such a beautiful city!


One last shot of the tree lined streets.


I love red doors! These were just beautiful on this church.






My amazing mother gave me the absolute best birthday present- a weekend trip to Savannah, just the two of us. It was such fun! We did what I had always wanted to do, eat at Paula Deen's! It was so yummy! We saw lots of beautiful houses and I was enamored with all the trees with Spanish Moss. We ate so much great food and walked until we were both exhausted. Thank you so much, Mom, I can't wait to do it again! Also a special thanks to Rick and Pa, who took care of the children while we were gone.

No comments: